Monday, January 18, 2010

Bodybuilding

It started when I was only a boy, 12 years old to be exact. I grew up watching Pro Wrestling and idolizing guys like the Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man Randy Savage, and Hulk Hogan. I also had a love for movies, pretty much anything with Arnold Schwarzenegger or Sylvester Stallone. One thing all these individuals had was muscle, and that caught my attention.

I had not known what I was going to do in life yet, but I knew it had to do with getting into the best shape I could, if I were to follow in any footsteps. So I started working out at age 12 and never looked back. It has come as a part of my life, as waking up and going to work.

Later in my life I met Laura Creavalle through a personal friend. She asked me if I had ever thought about Bodybuilding. Now I read Flex Magazine like everyone else but I never thought I was good enough to step on stage.

After moving to Banff I realized if I was going to do it, I better do it now. So I took a big step and registered for my first Bodybuilding show in April of 2009. For the next 12 weeks I trained as hard as I had ever trained before leading right up to the show. I also signed myself up for an "open division" instead of the "novice division ". After arriving at the show I thought I shouldn't have done this and maybe I made a mistake. The real mistake was doubting myself, as I placed 3rd in my Bodybuilding debut. I was so proud that I went through with it and have been hooked on competing ever since.

I was always a fan of Bodybuilding but never a part of it like I am now. Who knows what the future holds but I can say with confidence, I'm ready for what challenges lie ahead. Thanks to the all the people in my life who support me, and I only hope that I can continue to fill in those footsteps along the way.